The Student News Site of Carterville High School

The Sphinx

The Sphinx

The Sphinx

Our Supporters
White Pines Event Center
The symbol of Ghostbusters has stayed the same for almost 40 years, with a few minor adjustments.
Ghostbusters: Does This New View Point Compare to the Original?
Addyson Gill, Staff Writer
Senior Karson Caudill prepares herself as she goes up to bat.
Beginning of an Ending
Senior Karson Caudill reflects on her high school softball career.
Marlee Rosenbery, Staff Writer
Wise Words
CHS teachers share some words of advice for graduation seniors.
Philla Cowser, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Movie Review: Five Nights at Freddy’s

The+director%2C+Emma+Tammi%2C+is+explaining+in+an+interview+with+IndieWire+how+she+created+the+animatronics+used+in+the+movie.++
Blumhouse/Universal
The director, Emma Tammi, is explaining in an interview with IndieWire how she created the animatronics used in the movie.

Since October 27, 2023, the new movie Five Nights at Freddy’s has been released, and the public has ben quick to give their opinions. Some have been waiting for this movie since the first game came out in 2014, while others have been waiting for a few short months since the trailer was released. However, here is an official review of the movie known as Five Nights at Freddy’s. 

To start off, this movie stars many famous actors and actresses such as Matthew Lillard, Josh Hutcherson, and many more well known actors. “It was really good, and I was really excited about the people who were in it because they were almost all amazing actors or had something to do with the game,” said Carterville High School junior Carolann Iaccino.

The cast was strategically picked, which led to the movie being put together well because of their acting skills. Putting into consideration the overall acting, actresses, and actors, the overall acting section of the movie has to be given a rating of 9.7 out of 10 by Carterville High School students. 

The other factor that needs to be considered in the final rating is the plot. This is one of the most important parts of a movie, especially this one in particular, because of the fact that the “lure” of the topic has already been created in the past based on video games. Those who have either played the game or watched YouTubers play will know what is being talked about. “I was scared at first that nothing would add up to what was already created, but in the end, they brought everything back to the start, which made me super happy,” said sophomore Alexis Cowser.

Although most were happy with it, the overall plot did disappoint some people. “It was okay, but I really wish they made it scarier, instead of the route they took with it,” said junior Payton Toliver. This leads the rating of this factor to be 7.2 out of 10.

The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie review wraps up by highlighting the captivating plot and the cast list. “It felt like I was constantly thinking about all the outcomes of how it would end,” said senior Melody Bytnar. The film successfully brings the popular video game franchise to life, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats throughout. This movie will get an overall score of 8.8 out of 10 by Carterville High School students.

Majority rule believes that this movie is definitely a good one to watch and teenagers who know the “lure” behind the movie should take a seat and see the greatness of this movie.