The Student News Site of Carterville High School

The Sphinx

The Sphinx

The Sphinx

Our Supporters
White Pines Event Center
The symbol of Ghostbusters has stayed the same for almost 40 years, with a few minor adjustments.
Ghostbusters: Does This New View Point Compare to the Original?
Addyson Gill, Staff Writer
Senior Karson Caudill prepares herself as she goes up to bat.
Beginning of an Ending
Senior Karson Caudill reflects on her high school softball career.
Marlee Rosenbery, Staff Writer
Wise Words
CHS teachers share some words of advice for graduation seniors.
Philla Cowser, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Will This Year Create Cinematic History?

The+movies+above+are+some+of+the+films+that+people+are+most+looking+forward+to+this+year.+
Fandango
The movies above are some of the films that people are most looking forward to this year.

Movies have been entertainment for many, but nowadays, it seems to be hard to find a movie that holds everyone’s attention on movie night. Will this year have more thrilling movies, or will this help with the downfall of the film industry? These are some movies to expect this year.

Some movies will add on to a series that has been going on for a while. One of these movies is the new Deadpool 3 movie. This stars Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool as always, but also has Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine as a guest star. Jordan Price, Carterville freshman, says, “The Deadpool movies have to be some of the funniest movies in the world, so this one better be like the first two. ”

Another movie to be expecting that has caught the attention of many is another Kung Fu Panda movie. Since the third movie came out in 2016, people and their children have been waiting almost eight years for this. “I love Kung Fu Panda movies. They may be kid movies, but I’m super excited to watch the new one. I hope it lives up to the expectations,” says sophomore Alexis Cowser.

The last movie that people are excited about is a new movie called Tarot. This movie is a horror film that caught the attention of many at the movie theaters because of them playing the trailer at all the showtimes. “I love scary movies, so I’m hoping this will be one of those films that I can watch over, and over again without getting tired of it,” says senior Adriana Bird.

With the year just starting, there are many opportunities for new movies that will create cinematic history.