The Student News Site of Carterville High School

The Sphinx

The Sphinx

The Sphinx

Our Supporters
White Pines Event Center
The symbol of Ghostbusters has stayed the same for almost 40 years, with a few minor adjustments.
Ghostbusters: Does This New View Point Compare to the Original?
Addyson Gill, Staff Writer
Senior Karson Caudill prepares herself as she goes up to bat.
Beginning of an Ending
Senior Karson Caudill reflects on her high school softball career.
Marlee Rosenbery, Staff Writer
Wise Words
CHS teachers share some words of advice for graduation seniors.
Philla Cowser, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Interacting Creates Change for Our Society

William Bailey
Interact Advisor, Mrs. Hubbard.

From an outside perspective, the Interact Club seems like any regular club, but this year seems vastly interesting with the work environment, new advisor, numerous activities, new members, and volunteering opportunities.

At the start of 2023, the Interact Club has a new advisor, who is focused on bringing everyone together for many impacting activities. “Mrs. Hubbard is our new advisor, and she’s doing a great job. She really tries to get everyone involved” said sophomore Aubrey Dunlop. 

The Interact Club helps to build up the school’s family and the space surrounding it. “The Interact Club is about helping the community by working and serving time to make it a better place. It’s an opportunity for people to get decisions made about how they want to shape our community” said president Gabe Landon.

Interact President, senior Gabe Landon. (William )

The members heavily value taking action to contribute to the strengthening and healing the Carterville Community. To do so, they actively participate in various activities which are bound to help those in need by volunteering. They volunteer mainly for school related events, Tri-C Latchkey, Farmers Market, and the Gumdrop organization.

In this club, the members put much time, resources, and effort into improving the community how they want to. The environment is inviting, with endless opportunities to help everyone or get help from helpful members, leaders, and advisors. 

The Interact Club has a very comfortable and inviting space for new people with a new advisor to guide them in the right direction. The activities in this club often focus on volunteering to change our community by helping people in need. The hours can be added easily by the various opportunities everyone is given. Creating change requires time; regular members must volunteer at least 15 hours a semester, while officers require 20. The more effort put into helping, the more is received in return for personal growth with social skills.