Lions Bare Their Teeth to A-J Wildcats

Dani Scott, Sports Reporter

CARTERVILLE- The CHS softball team took a narrow 6-4 win against the Anna-Jonesboro Wildcats Tuesday night.

Caidence Philips started in the circle for the Lions, she overpowered the Wildcats for the six innings she pitched. She allowed no runs, two hits, and sat down 12 batters via strikeouts.

Amayah Doyle and Lacie Carr were a unstoppable force in the box. Carr drove in Doyle twice for two RBIs. Kennedy Rushing also had an RBI, driving in Carr. Carr also had 3 hits during the game.

“I knew A-J was going to be a tough team to beat with all we’ve heard. When I went up to bat each time with Amayah on base I knew I had to get her in to help my team get in the lead” said Carr.

Karson Caudill sent a homerun over the left field fence battling the wind, it was her first of the season.

Pullquote Photo

After hitting that ball it was a relief to me, especially after everything I’ve been through physically in the past year. Being back from an injury and finally feeling like myself again is an amazing feeling.

— Karson Caudill

In the 7th inning A-J battled back by scoring four unearned runs. Freshman Taryn Ford came in as relief to shut them down to secure the win for the Lions.

The Lions next game is Saturday against Tolono Unity. For more softball and sports content, follow @CartervilleATH on Instagram and twitter.