A Senior Night Success

Regan Eigenrauch, Sports Reporter

CARTERVILLE – The Lady Lions basketball team took on the Anna-Jonesboro Wildcats for their senior night. The game ended in a win for the Lions, 32-21. 

The game started with a steal-and-score by Senior Alecia Doyle to give the Lions the 2-0 lead.

Following in her sister’s footsteps, Sophomore Amayah Doyle added two points of her own to draw it up at 4-0. To round out the first quarter, Senior Kristin Edmonds made a 3-pointer, followed by an A-J basket to tie the game at 7-7. 

To start off the second quarter, Alecia Doyle sank a three and forced a Wildcat timeout. Heading into the locker room at the half, the Lions would lead 14-12.

The tempo stayed about the same throughout the game, until the Lions finally pulled away in the fourth quarter, sealing the victory on Tuesday night.

Alecia Doyle led the Lions in points making 18 total, while sister Amayah Doyle was not far behind with 11.

Just as time expired, many of Carterville’s seniors realized the clock had run out on their home career.

When asked how she felt having her senior night after seeing so many before her, Senior Macey Lentz said, “as a highschooler watching the upperclassman have their senior nights it feels like you have all the time in the world as an underclassman, and having my own senior night tonight felt unreal because of how fast high school went by.”

See the Lady Lions back in action on Thursday, January 27 at Nashville. JV starts at 6:15 and varsity follows. 

If you wish to keep up with the rest of Carterville’s sports be sure to check us out on Instagram and Twitter @CartervilleAth.