Running Past The Competition

Chloe Finn, Staff Writer

The Lions are ready to run ahead of their competition this cross country season. Cross Country season is underway for the boys and girls of Carterville High School.

The first meet of the season was the Marion invitational on August 23. The teams have competed in six meets since and have six more meets until sectionals.

The Lions have been practicing vigorously and have been very successful this season as a result of their hard work. You may not be able to recognize the boys’ team this year with all of their new athletes. A new face to the boys’ team is Freshman Dylan Stanley, who, when asked about why he enjoys cross country, he said, “I really like cross country because I feel like I’m constantly improving.” Dylan’s PR this season was 7.18 at DuQuoin running 2.9 miles.

The girls team is also having great meet results. When asked about her thoughts on the season so far, junior Madison Fleege said, “As a team, we’re doing very well and I think the girls have a very high chance of going to state this year.” Madison has been running cross country for two years now.

Both the girls and boys teams have been competing very well at their meets so far this season and making Carterville proud. Do not forget to come out to John A Logan on Saturday October 11th at 10 am to support the Lions at their home meets. Good Luck with the rest of your season, Lions!    

About the Writer
Chloe Finn, Staff Writer

Chloe is a junior at the high school and is involved with Student Council, Student Leadership Council, Interact Club, Youth and Government, and the Fall...

The Student News Site of Carterville High School
Running Past The Competition