The Most Honorable Club

Caylah Keim, Staff Writer

Ring, ring! As school is starting back up, clubs are back in action. Carterville High School is known for their diverse clubs and opportunities. The school seeks to bring out the most in each student and give everyone a way to make the best of their short time in high school.

One of these clubs, National Honor Society, commonly called NHS, is a small group of seniors who are chosen to serve the community and represent the most pristine Carterville Student. The club can commonly be seen helping out at local events and food pantries. To kick off the 2018-19 school year, the members have elected new officers. In this process, Trevor Whittington was elected President, with Jabe Outland as Vice President and Olivia Stearns as Secretary.

Whittington won the presidential position by a landslide and members could not be happier to have him as a leader. When asked about his goal for the coming year, Whittington confidently replied, “I’d like to make sure our organization is more involved in everyday functions of school activities like ball games and other club activities. We will be becoming more active as a group and trying to make more opportunities to put ourselves out there to the school community.” Whittington has the potential to take NHS beyond its current state in his term.

All juniors and seniors with a 3.7 or higher GPA and no disciplinary referrals are encouraged to apply for membership of NHS. According to Whittington, one of the goals of the club this year is to “…have a large number of applicants for the next group of NHS inductees.” Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the NHS family!