Beginning of an Ending

Senior Karson Caudill reflects on her high school softball career.
Senior Karson Caudill prepares herself as she goes up to bat.
Gabe Landon

As the Lady Lions 2024 softball season continues, many seniors are looking ahead, while still remembering what got them to where they are today. The softball team currently holds a record of 24-1. Senior Karson Kaudill is the team’s second baseman. Kaudill has been playing softball for most of her life.

“I started playing with Tri-C, where my uncle coached me and made me love the sport. I was later invited to my first travel team, Crossfire, and that’s where it took off” said Kaudill.

“Karson is a team player on and off the field,” said senior teammate Maddie Rosenbery. “She helps us get our mindset right for game days. I can’t imagine the team without her.”

Caudill has been playing for Carterville softball for seven years and has been through all the highs and lows with not only the high school team but the junior high team as well. Not only has softball brought her many relationships, but it has also impacted her high-school experience by helping her make friends early. Kaudill said, “Playing also keeps me motivated both in school and my athletics.”

Softball team manager Emma Rogers says, “Karson is a great player! She doesn’t let anything get in her game and how she plays. She has faced  difficulties during this season but has pushed through greatly.”

With her high school career soon ending, Karson takes many lessons with her from the team. “I’ve learned how to work well with my teammates, along with how to hold myself accountable and learn from my mistakes. Not only are your teammates your friends on the field but also in school and the community.”

Caudill warms up in the feild before the inning. (Gabe Landon)

“My favorite softball memory would have to be my 8th grade season, where we went undefeated and won state. All of the girls on the team had a close bond that helped us accomplish this” Caudill said.

About the Contributors
Marlee Rosenbery
Marlee Rosenbery, Staff Writer
Marlee is a sophomore at Carterville High School. She is on the school dance team and is involved in numerous clubs such as Student Council, Educators Rising, Student Leadership Council, and Interact Club. In her future, she wants to study Elementary Education and become a teacher.
Gabe Landon
Gabe Landon, Managing Editor
Gabe Landon is a Carterville High School senior who is involved in a wide arrange of different clubs and activities. He is currently serving as Managing Editor in High School Publications. He holds multiple leadership positions in clubs such as Student Council and Interact Club. He also participates in other clubs such as FCCLA, FCA, SLC, Publications, and Carterville Crazies. Outside of school, he spends most of his time hanging out with friends. He hopes to eventually go to Belmont University to pursue a career in Music Business.