Soccer Sends Panthers Packing

Jada Outland, Sports Reporter

CARTERVILLE – The Lady Lions soccer team hosted the Pinckneyville Panthers and closed the night with a 4-0 win.

The game started with the Lions receiving the possession. The first half was mainly played towards the Panthers’ goal. The Lions allowed the Panthers a few trips down towards their own goal with only two shots on goal. The Panthers blocked multiple shots on goal, keeping the score 0-0 for the entire first half. 

Within the first ten minutes of the second half, the Lady Lions brought the score to 2-0. The first goal was assisted by Audri Stroth (SR) and scored by Rylee Davis (JR). Then the only two freshmen on the team allowed the Lions to achieve the second goal. Molly Robertson assisted the goal scored by Madison Shaw.

At 26:11, Strothman scored the third goal of the game. Only 2 minutes and 24 seconds after, Davis assisted Robertson in scoring the game’s final goal, bringing the score to 4-0.

With this game being mainly offensive, junior Rylee Davis shared her thoughts on how she keeps her momentum up throughout the entire game.

“The energy to get the first goal is always intense, which definitely gets my momentum going, and once that first goal is scored, the excitement and want to score again pushes me to continue. After that first goal, it also lifts the team’s spirit and drives them to push for another. Scoring is such a feeling of relief but at the same time also more pressure to keep going and get another, it’s a great feeling!”

With all of the goals being scored in the second half, the game ended with a score of 4-0. The Lions win and bring their record to 6-3-1.

The Lady Lions will play again at home against Marion High School at 6:00 on April 15th. If you wish to keep up with the Lady Lions soccer and other spring sports, check us out @CartervilleAth on Instagram and Twitter.