Running Our Way Into Track!

Abi Krumrey, Staff Writer

The 2018 boys and girls track teams had a rainy start. Although some meets were cancelled due to weather, the Lions Track Team has had a successful season! The teams have showed nothing but progress during their season. The girls track team has been doing an excellent job as they finished third in the conference meet on May 3rd. Sophomore Ashley Beasley says, “ I enjoy being able to stay in shape and being able to be compete with friends”. Sectionals is following close behind and will be this Wednesday, May 9th at Herrin. When speaking with Sophomore, Madison Fleege, she says, “I think that the team has been doing a good job this season, I’m very proud!”. While the girls have had their run in the season, the boys track team also had a rainy start. Although the season is nearly over, they have been showing great improvement with the help of their new coach, Jake Wakey. When speaking with freshman Caleb Deponai, he claims “This year we have had really good coaches to help us out by helping us with organizing our meets and practices, supporting us, keeping us in shape and training for our meets”. The 2017-2018 Lions Track Team has done an amazing job this season, and we wish you luck for the future!