The New Snapchat Update

Abi Krumrey, Staff Writer

The new Snapchat update was said to “separate the social from the media.” Snapchat braced users for the big update, and a spokesperson said: “Updates as big as this one can take a little getting used to, but we hope the community will enjoy it once they settle in.” Which ultimately means that the chats and stories from your friends are on the left side of Snapchat, and the stories from publishers, creators,  and the community are on the right. Then, the camera is housed on the middle page.

Additionally, users now have the option to control what kind of content they see on the community stories page.While Snapchat used to order your friends’ stories chronologically, it now ranks them based on which friends you interact with the most. The company also decided that they wanted to separate the users’ friends from the publishers and companies. Snapchat has said that “they will not be reverting back to the old update and the users would adjust to the new update in time.”

After a few interviews from the students, the consensus has been that the new update is not what they desire because the content is not in the order they want it to be in. Ben Gwaltney, a senior, stated, “I do not like the new update because I’ve lost some of my streaks and my friends because of the update. Things would have worked better before, and some things just didn’t need to be changed.” Many other students agree with his opinion.

Some of the Snapchat users have also said that after using the update for a while they have grown accustomed to it. Users have stated that when using the new update it has also made it easier to view some stories and discover new stories to watch. Snapchat users have a new and better update than it was before. What will happen next with Snapchat?

Contributed By: www.mirror.co.uk/tech/snapchat-releases-new-february-2018-11991170