A Returning Students Point of View

Abi Krumrey, Staff Writer

Do you ever wonder what it’s like when you’re a returning student from other schools? I, Abi Krumrey, am a student that has returned to the Carterville district after attending multiple schools across Southern Illinois. The experience from going to Johnston City High School, Anna-Jonesboro Community High School, and DuQuoin High School, and coming back to the Carterville district, was a calm and easy transition. My friends included me back into the group, showed me around, and introduced me to the other new kids. They gave me the information on what had happened while I was gone.  Most schools that I had previously attended, had more students than other schools. The schools that had less kids, were much quieter than the schools with more kids. But, with a smaller student body, there was more fights between students. Coming from different schools has been more stressful due to the way the school functions: from the way they did their grades, holiday activities, schedules, disciplinary strictness, extra curricular activities, and more.  From freshman year to now, my sophomore year, it has been a weird and crazy transition. But at the same time, it has been exciting and adventurous. From the four years I first spent here, fourth through eighth grade, it was a childish experience due to the way students acted along with their behavior. The experience now, is more mature because students are now more behaved. I have enjoyed my new experiences at CHS!